West Bengal Digital Ration Card The ration card provides the food items for the poor people at much less cost than the original. Thus,...
West Bengal Digital Ration Card
The ration card provides the food items for the poor people at much less cost than the original. Thus, the ration card is one of the main documents for the people prevailing in India. Now, to cope up with the coming technologies and digitization West Bengal has taken a step to convert the entire ration card prevailing in their state into Digital Ration Card. Under this article you can check the application process, eligibility criteria and all the factors which are important related to the WB Digital Ration Card List 2019-2020 and also you can check the status of the Ration Card.
WB Digital Ration Card List
The state of West Bengal has taken this step to encourage the digitalization prevailing in a country. All the ration cards of the resident of the state will be converted to digital ration card in the coming year that is 2020. And also to carry on this process of converting ration card into digital ration card a separate portal has been created by the West Bengal government. The main aim through the portal which has been designed to carry on the work of West Bengal Digital ration card is to provide every information related to the ration cards.
|Scheme Name||WB Digital Ration Card|
|Launched by||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Department||Department Of Food And Supplies|
|Objective||Providing food items at a subsidized price|
|Category||State govt. Scheme|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Aim And Benefits Through The Digital Ration Cards.
There are many aims which will be fulfilled through the implementation of digital ration card in the West Bengal State. Also, many benefits will be provided to the residents of the West Bengal State:-
- By converting the old ration card into the digital ration card the implementation of the fraudulent practices will be prevented.
- Also, the information of the resident will be confirmed and thus, be authentic.
- The conversion will prevent paper costs.
- Also, the printing and distribution cost of the ration cards will be prevented.
- The online distribution of the ration card will be less time-consuming.
- The residents will now just have to apply for a ration card online which will be beneficial and happen with much less difficulty.
- The process of implementing a digital ration card will provide transparency to the residents.
The following eligibility criteria have been finalized by the concerned authorities to apply for the West Bengal ration card:-
- To apply for the West Bengal new ration card, the applicant must not already hold a Ration card.
- Newlyweds in the state of West Bengal can apply for ration card also.
- The applicant must reside in the state of West Bengal.
- People holding a temporary ration card or very old ration cards can apply for the new ration card.
To apply for the new ration card in the state of West Bengal the applicant must hold these documents:-
- Passport Size Photograph – The people applying for the Digital West Bengal Ration Card must present passport size photographs of the head of the family.
- ID Proof – To prove their ID the applicant must need to submit Aadhar card, PAN card or any other ID proof.
- Address Proof – Residential address proof is also required such as water bill, electricity bill, etc.
- Application form is needed to be submitted by the applicant.
- Details of all members of the household.
- Income Certificate – The certificates of income for all members of the family also need to be presented.
How To Check WB Digital Ration Card List
If you want to check your name in the WB Digital Ration Card List you just need to follow these simple steps:-
- The Applicants who want to check their name in WB Digital Ration Card list have to visit at the official website
- Now after that at the official website of ration card life cycle management West Bengal you will get “Search Your Ration Card Details” Option.
- When you click on this option A web page will appear which will ask you to submit the following details –
- Click on Search
- Thus, your name will appear on the list.
Application Process For WB Ration Card
To apply for the West Bengal Digital Ration Card applicants must need to follow these simple steps given below:-
- First, the applicants must need to download the application form in PDF form
- Submit all the asked details.
- The details must include the details of your family members etc.
- Attach all the documents mentioned above.
- After successfully submitting all the details you have to submit the form in your nearest ration card office.
- After successful submission of the form collect the application number and secure it for future use.
How To Check WB Ration Card Application Status
When you have successfully submitted your form to the nearest ration card office then the next step you have to carry out is to check the status of your application.
- To check your Ration card Application Status you need to follow these simple steps:
- First of all visit at the official website of WB Ration Card
- When you visit the homepage, click on the features option present at the top of the page.
- WB Ration Card Application Status
- A drop-down list will appear.
- From the list click on Check Ration Card Application Status.
- WB Ration Card Application Status
- A page will be displayed which will ask you to submit the following details –
- Application Number
- Fill in all the details carefully.
- Click on search
- Thus, your application status will be displayed on the screen.