Scheduled Caste Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 Apply Online Department of Social Justice and Empowerment will invite SC Post Matric Sch...
Scheduled Caste Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 Apply Online
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment will invite SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 online application form at scholarships.gov.in. Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Caste Students is a centrally sponsored scheme and would be implemented through state government and UT administration. The Scheme provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 Apply Online
These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled. Interested & eligible SC candidates can fill Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Online Application Form at National Scholarship Portal. The direct link to apply online for SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is https://scholarships.gov.in/
Central government will provide financial assistance to meritorious students from scheduled caste communities to enable them to pursue higher education.
SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2021 will be implemented under the Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme included in List of Minority Welfare Schemes. Last Date to apply online for Post Matric Scholarship for SC students would be released soon.
SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Online Application Form
Below is the complete procedure to apply online for Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for Scheduled Caste students:-
- Visit the official National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in
- At the homepage, go the “New Registration” tab present on the top of the page
- In the new opened window, read the guidelines for Post Matric SC Scholarship registration
- Accept the undertaking and click at the “Continue” button to open the SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme online registration form.
- Fill in all the details in the SC Post Matric Scholarship Registration Form and click at the “Register” button to complete the registration process. Applicants will get User ID and Password on your registered Mobile Number.
- Then click at the “Login” to proceed to fill SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 Online Application Form for scheduled caste students
- After making login, applicants can verify their OTP, change password and proceed to Dashboard where applicants can click at the “Application Form” button to open the SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Application Form 2020-21.
This scheme focuses on empowerment of scheduled caste students through education and will lead to upliftment of socio economic conditions of the students from SC communities.
SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Registration Guidelines
Students applying for scholarship for the first time (Fresh Students) need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”. The registration form is required to be filled by parents / guardian of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration. Before initiating registration process, students / Parents / guardian are advised to keep the following documents handy:-
- Educational documents of student
- Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Scanned copy of Bank passbook
- If Institute/School is different from domicile state of the applicant, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School.
Eligibility Criteria of Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020 for SC Students
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. The Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students is mentioned below:-
- Applicants must have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent in the previous final examination.
- Applicant must belong to the scheduled caste community.
- Annual income of the family of the applicant from all sources must not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum (tentative).
Rate of SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
- maintenance allowance amounting to Rs. 380/- to 1200/- per month for hostellers and Rs. 230/- to Rs. 550/- per month for day scholars.
- reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees,
- study tour charges,
- thesis typing/printing charges for Research Scholars,
- book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses,
- book bank facility for specified courses, and
- additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course.
CCEA on SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2020
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 24 December 2020 has approved changes in the centrally sponsored SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme. This post matric scholarship for sc students will now benefit more than 4 crore Scheduled Caste students in the next 5 years. The central govt. has approved a total investment of over Rs. 59,000 crore for this scheme.
Focus Areas of Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
The focus of the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC students would be on the following things:-
- Enrolling the poorest students
- Timely payments
- Comprehensive accountability
- Continuous monitoring
- Total transparency
The cabinet decision on post-matric scholarship scheme will ensure greater educational access to youngsters belonging to SC communities. Ensuring top quality and affordable education to youth is an important focus area for PM Modi led Union government.
The Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Castes allows students to pursue any course from class 11, with the government providing for the cost of education.
Campaign to Enroll Students in SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
A campaign will be launched to enroll the students, from the poorest households passing the 10th standard, in the higher education courses of their choice. It is estimated that 1.36 crore such poorest students, who are currently not continuing their education beyond 10th standards, would be brought into the higher education system in the next 5 years.
Online Platform for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
The Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students will run on an online platform with robust cyber security measures. It would assure transparency, accountability, efficiency and timely delivery of the assistance without any delay. The states will undertake fool-proof verification of the eligibility, caste status, Aadhaar identification and bank account details on the online portal.
The Cabinet also approved further strengthening of monitoring mechanism through conduct of social audits, annual third-party evaluation, and half-yearly self-audited reports from each institution. The central assistance which was around Rs. 1,100 crore annually during 2017-18 to 2019-20 would be increased more than five times to be around Rs 6,000 core annually during 2020-21 to 2025-26.
What is SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
It is a scholarship scheme for scheduled caste community students in government or private higher secondary school/college/university enabling them to pursue higher education beyond 10th class
Who are Eligible for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
Scheduled Caste Category students studying in class 11th, 12th to enable them to pursue higher education
What is the official website for SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
I have secured 48% marks & I am SC, am i eligible
No, minimum 50% marks are required to become eligible
My annual family income is 1.5 lakh per annum & I am SC, am i eligible
Yes, If you have more than 50% marks in previous year exam, family income <2 lakh p.a and belong to SC community, you are eligible
What is the last date to apply for SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
The last date (tentative) to apply for SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is 31 October 2021