Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board Amendment Regulations, 2020 PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS REGULATORY BOARD NOTIFICATION New Delhi, t...
New Delhi, the 30th September, 2020
(1) These regulations may be called the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (Authorizing Entities to Lay, Build, Operate or Expand City or Local Natural Gas Distribution Networks) Amendment Regulations, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
(3) They shall be applicable to all authorized entities irrespective of the year of bidding or authorization.
2. In the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (Authorising Entities to Lay, Build, Operate or Expand City or Local Natural Gas Distribution Networks) Regulations, 2008 in regulation 14, for sub regulation (1), and the Explanation thereto, the following shall be substituted, namely: -
“(1) The entity may take an interest-free refundable security deposit from domestic PNG Customer towards security of the equipments and facilities mentioned below, including the labour cost of installation towards last mile connectivity, that is, between the riser isolation valve before the metering unit and the suraksha hose pipe connecting the burner in the customer's premises for an amount not exceeding “rupees six thousand” for a single connection, namely:-
- (a) riser isolation valve before the metering unit;
- (b) ten meters of pipe up to the metering unit;
- (c) metering unit;
- (d) five meters of pipe or tube from the metering unit up to the excess flow check valve-cum-isolation valve;
- (e) excess flow check valve-cum-isolation valve; and
- (f) suraksha hose pipe of standard size connecting the domestic PNG burner
Provided that the network tariff bid by the entity shall include the charges towards the last mile connectivity:
Provided further that the amount of “rupees six thousand” referred to in this sub-regulation shall be deemed to have been substituted by the amount of “rupees nine thousand” in case the entity installs a smart meter at the premises of the domestic PNG Customer:
Provided also that it shall be the option of the domestic PNG customer to choose either the smart meter or the normal meter and the entity shall not force him to opt for the smart meter or to withhold providing the domestic PNG connection for the reason that the customer has not opted for the smart meter:
Provided also that an existing domestic PNG customer shall have the option to seek replacement of existing normal meter by a smart meter on payment of rupees three thousand to the entity.
1. The domestic PNG customer shall bear the actual cost of the material and labour charges for pipe and the tubing in excess of the length specified above.
2. The domestic PNG customer shall pay the actual cost of installation including labour charges from the common metering unit onwards for connecting another domestic PNG burner or any other gas-based appliance in the same premises.
3. A meter shall be considered to be a smart meter for the purpose of this regulation if it has -
- (i) an in-built feature of sending the meter reading and diagnostic data to the entity in a two- way communication between the entity and the customer;
- (ii) a pre-paid charging facility enabling the customer to recharge the meter through various payment options; and
- (iii) an inbuild shut-off valve which stops gas supply once the balance goes below the set minimum or above the maximum credit limit.
Foot Note: Principal regulations were published in the Official Gazette vide G.S.R. 196 (E) dated 19th March, 2008 and subsequently amended vide G.S.R. 800 (E), dated 19th November, 2008, G.S.R. 295 (E), dated 30th April, 2009, G.S.R. 478(E), dated 7th June, 2010, G.S.R. 605 (E), dated 19th July, 2010, F. No. PNGRB/ CGD/ REGULATIONS/REVIEW-2011/2012-III, dated 21st June, 2013, F. No. PNGRB/CGD/BID/4/2013-PRE BID dated 7th April, 2014, F. No. L-MISC/VI/ I/2007, dated 1st January, 2015, F. No. PNGRB/ CGD/ Regulations/Amend/2015, dated 13th February 2015, PNGRB/CGD/Amendment/2015/2, dated 11th December 2015, F. No. PNGRB/CGD/Amendment/ 2015/2/SC, dated 26th April 2016, F. No. PNGRB/AUTH/ CGD/Amd/2018, dated 6th April 2018, F. No. PNGRB/Auth./CGD/Amd/2018/2, dated 27th April 2018, F. No. PNGRB/Auth./CGD/Amd/2018/3, dated 6th November 2018, and F. No. PNGRB/Auth./CGD/Amd/2018/4, dated 21st November 2018.