Preliminary Findings in the matter of anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of ―"Soda Ash" originating in or exported from...
Preliminary Findings in the matter of anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of ―"Soda Ash" originating in or exported from Turkey and USA.
(DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF TRADE REMEDIES)
21st August, 2020
Subject: Preliminary Findings in the matter of anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of ―"Soda Ash" originating in or exported from Turkey and USA.
F. No. 6/39/2019 –DGTR.—A. BACKGROUND OF THE CASE
Having regard to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975, as amended from time to time (hereinafter also referred to as the Act), and the Customs Tariff (Identification, Assessment and Collection of Anti-Dumping Duty on Dumped Articles and for Determination of Injury) Rules, 1995, as amended from time to time, (hereinafter also referred to as ―the Rules‖ or ―the AD Rules‖) thereof:
Whereas, M/s DCW Ltd., M/s RSPL and M/s GHCL (hereinafter also referred to as ―the Applicants‖ or―the Domestic Industry‖) have filed an application before the Designated Authority (hereinafter also referred to as―the Authority‖) in accordance with the Customs Tariff Act and the AD Rules for imposition of Anti-dumping duty on imports of ―Soda Ashl (hereinafter also referred to as ―subject goods‖ or ―product under consideration‖ or―PUC‖) originating in or exported from Turkey and USA (hereinafter also referred to as the ―subject countries‖).
And, whereas, the Authority, on the basis of sufficient evidence submitted by the Applicant, issued a public notice vide Notification No. 6/39/2019 - DGTR dated 22nd January, 2020, published in the Gazette of India, initiating the subject investigation in accordance with the AD Rules to determine existence, degree and effect of the alleged dumping of the subject goods, originating in or exported from the subject countries, and to recommend the amount of anti-dumping duty, which if levied, would be adequate to remove the alleged injury to the Domestic Industry.
1. The procedure described herein below has been followed by the Authority with regard to the subject investigation:
a) The Authority notified the Embassies of the Subject Countries in India about the receipt of the present anti-dumping application before proceeding to initiate the investigation in accordance with Sub-Rule (5) of Rule 5 supra.
b) The Authority issued a public notice dated 22nd January 2020 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary, initiating anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of the subject goods from subject countries.
c) The Authority sent a copy of the initiation notification to the Embassies of the subject countries in India, known producers/exporters from the subject countries, known importers/users and the Domestic Industry as well as other domestic producers as per the addresses made available by the Applicant and requested them to make their views known in writing within the prescribed time limit.
d) The Authority provided a copy of the non-confidential version of the application to the known producers/exporters and to the Embassies of the subject countries in India in accordance with Rule 6(3) of the Rules supra.
e) The Embassies of the subject countries in India were also requested to advise the exporters/producers from their countries to respond to the questionnaire within the prescribed time limit. A copy of the letter and questionnaire sent to the producers/ exporters was also sent to them along with the names and addresses of the known producers/exporters from the subject countries.
f) The Authority sent questionnaires to the following known producers/exporters in the subject countries in accordance with Rule 6(4) of the AD Rules:
- M/s FMC Industrial Chemicals
- M/s Solvay Soda Ash
- M/s General Chemicals Industrial Products
- M/s ANSAC
- M/s FMC Corporation
- M/s Ciner Resources LP
- M/s Ciner Wyoming LLC
- M/s Ciner Resources Corporation
- M/s Eti Soda
- M/s Soda Senayii
- M/s Kazan Soda Electric
g) Following exporters have filed questionnaire response from the subject countries:
- Searles Valley Minerals Inc., USA
- M/s Tata Chemicals Soda Ash Partners ("TCSAP"), Producer, USA
- M/s Tata Chemicals International Pte. Ltd. ("TCIPL"), USA along with its related importer M/s Tata Chemicals Ltd. ("TCL")
- ETI Soda Uretim Pazarlama Nakliyat Ve Elektrik Uretim Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S., Turkey
- Kazan Soda Elektrik Uretim A.S, Turkey
- Ciner IC Ve Dis Ticaret A.S. (CIDT), Turkey
- Soda Sanayii A.S., Turkey its related exporter Sisecam Dis Ticaret A.S.
h) The Authority sent Importer‘s Questionnaire to the following known importers/users of subject goods in India calling for necessary information in accordance with Rule 6(4) of the Rules:
- M/s Gujarat Guardian Ltd.
- M/s Advance Surfactant India Ltd.
- M/s Float Glass India Ltd.
- M/s A.R. Stanchem Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Alenbic Glass Industries Ltd.
- M/s Hind Silicates Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Deepak Nitrite Ltd.
- M/s Taurus Chemical (P) Ltd.
- M/s Hindustan National Glass & ind. Ltd.
- M/s Kishoresons Detergents Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- M/s J.J. Patel Industries
- M/s Procter & Gamble Hygiene & Healthcare
- M/s Shriram Bharath Chemical & Detergents Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Albright Morarji & Pandit Ltd.
- M/s Modern Glass Industries
- M/s Advatech Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Adarsh Kanch Udyog (P) Ltd.
- U.P. Glass Manufacture Syndicate
- M/s Paragati Glass Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Asahi India Glass Limited
- M/s Gora Malhari Ram Ltd.
- M/s Fena (P) Ltd.
- M/s Rohit Surfactants (P) Ltd.
- M/s Shree Unicon Organics P. Ltd.
- M/s Astral Glass Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Pollachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- M/s BDJ Glass Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Vasunhara Rasayan Ltd.
- M/s Shri Hari Industries
- M/s Power Soap Ltd.
- M/s Hindustan National Glass & Industries
- M/s Shanti Nath Detergents (P) Ltd.
- M/s Jagatjit Industries Ltd.
- M/s Advance Home & Personal Care
- M/s S. Kumar Detergents P. Ltd.
- M/s Mauli Exports
i) The Authority also informed the following Associations in India, in accordance with Rule 6(4) of the Rules:..............................................Read More.