Minutes of 8th Meeting of Executive Committee of Poshan Abhiyaan F.No. NNM/50/2017-CPMU (e-43551) Government of India Ministry o...
Minutes of 8th Meeting of Executive Committee of Poshan Abhiyaan
F.No. NNM/50/2017-CPMU (e-43551)
Government of India
Ministry of Women & Child Development POSHAN Abhiyaan
3rd Floor, Jeevan Vihar Building
Sansad Marg,New Delhi -110001
Date: 02nd March, 2020
Subject: Minutes of 8th Meeting of Executive Committee of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
8th Meeting of Executive Committee of POSHAN Abhiyaan (Prime Minister's Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment) was held on 10th February, 2020 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD).
2. Minutes of 8th Meeting of Executive Committee are enclosed herewith for information and necessary action. Soft Copy of presentations carried out during the Executive Committee meeting will be forwarded on email and will also be available on website of POSHAN Abhiyaan (https://icds-wcd.nic.in/nnm/home.htm) under the link "Review Meetings" for download.
Encl: as above
Minutes of 8th Executive Committee Meeting of POSHAN Abhiyaan held on 10th February, 2020 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi
8th Executive Committee Meeting of POSHAN Abhiyaan was held on 10th February, 2020 at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Shri Rabindra Panwar, Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD).
2. Agenda of the meeting is attached as Annexure I.
3. The list of participants is attached as Annexure II.
4. At the outset, Shri Aditya Chopra, Executive Director, POSHAN Abhiyaan welcomed all members and spoke about the day being observed as the National Deworming Day (NDD). He brought out the significance of the day which aims at eradicating intestinal worms, also known as Soil-Transmitted Helminths (STH), among children in the age group of 1-19 years. He then presented the Agenda for the meeting.
5. Shri Rabindra Panwar, Secretary, MWCD & Chairperson of the Committee, in his opening remarks highlighted key achievements and progress made under various components of POSHAN Abhiyaan till date and mentioned about the importance the Government has assigned to the Abhiyaan by citing the Budget Speech of Hon’ble Finance Minister. He enumerated the significance of data captured by ICDS-CAS which needs to be analyzed to augment system strengthening in Anganwadi Services delivery through effective monitoring and timely interventions, and urged the States/UTs who are lagging behind to expedite the process of procurement of Smartphones & GMDS and timely roll-out of ICDS-CAS. He stressed that the procurement of Smartphones and Growth Monitoring Devices (GMDs) should be done concurrently, as the data measured through GMDs have to be entered in the application installed in the Smartphones.
(Action: All States/UTs)
6. The Chairperson then highlighted few observations and recommendations brought out in a recent field report from UP and Bihar received from NITI Aayog and exhorted to place much greater emphasis on Home visits by Anganwadi Workers, ensuring timely availability of funds for the conduct of CBEs, provision of quality supplementary nutrition, strengthening supportive supervisory mechanism & validation of data and need to guide the field workers for ensuring quality of service delivery in respective States as these are the pillars of the Abhiyaan and are pivotal for strengthening the quality of service delivery under Anganwadi Services and POSHAN Abhiyaan.
7. Underlining the importance of Early Child Care and Education (ECCE), the Chairperson exhorted that Pre-School Education (PSE) will be one of the priorities under Aanganwadi Services. He stated that as some of the newly recruited AWWs are Graduates or 12th pass, this educated resource can be upskilled by structured capacity building programmes, thus improving PSE at AWCs. He also stressed upon making AWCs attractive and child-friendly to encourage parents to send their wards to the AWCs instead of other play schools and nurseries. He emphasized on the need & priority of upgradation of AWCs and strong awareness campaigns in the Aspirational and High Burden districts of the country. The Chairperson felt the need for improvement in convergence of schemes being implemented by concerned Departments for health and nutrition, and exhorted everyone to work with greater enthusiasm in the forthcoming Poshan Pakhwada in March, 2020.
(Action: All States/UTs)
नोट :- हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com पर ऐसी जानकारी रोजाना आती रहती है, तो आप ऐसी ही सरकारी योजनाओं की जानकारी पाने के लिए हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com से जुड़े रहे