West Bengal Marriage Registration: Online Form, Eligibility & Procedure We all know that in India marriage registration is a big p...
West Bengal Marriage Registration: Online Form, Eligibility & Procedure
We all know that in India marriage registration is a big part of the procedure but most of the people because of lack of financial funds are not able to register their marriage in the official register of the country. So, today under this article we will share the West Bengal Marriage Registration process. Also, we will share the important procedures of registration under the Special Marriage Act of the country. We will also share the eligibility criteria and also all the documents which are required to register your marriage under the act.
West Bengal Marriage Registration
The registration of marriages is an important aspect of the marriages that behold in our country but many of us tend to ignore the fact that we have to register marriages through the special marriage act or specific acts as provided by the concerned authorities of the law. So, the West Bengal government has come up with a unique way to register your marriages. The West Bengal marriage registration has been developed through online mode through which you can register your marriage while sitting at home with very much fewer problems and time-wasting.
Details Of The Scheme
|Name||West Bengal Marriage Registration|
|Launched by||West Bengal Government|
|Beneficiaries||Newly Married Couple|
Benefits Of The Registration
There are many benefits of registering your marriage through the official authority of the law. One of the main benefits is the availability of a valid proof of your marriage if you want to produce a valid proof of your marriage you have to register your marriage through the special Marriage Act or specific acts which are developed for the people of a different religion in our country. A registered marriage is often termed at a higher value than a non registered marriage.
The following eligibility criteria must be followed by all the applicants of the West Bengal marriage registration scheme:-
- Bride & Groom must be above the age of 21 years.
- The husband & wife should be already married and must be living together.
- There should not be more than one spouse of any of the parties.
- The bride and groom must have lived for at least one month in the district where marriage is to be registered
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal State.
The following documents are required while applying for the West Bengal marriage registration via online mode:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof
- Passport Size Photograph of Bride and Groom
- Scan Signature of Bride and Groom
- Birth Certificate for age
- Scan Copy of Invitation Card
The following application fees will be applicable to all of the resident for registering their marriages:-
- Registration fee within two months from the wedding- Rs 200
- After the two months of the wedding- Rs 400
To apply for the West Bengal marriage registration, you have to follow the following application procedures which are given below:-
- Visit the official website
- Click on the application form given on the website.
- Enter the details of the groom.
- Second Enter the details of the bride
- Enter the marriage details.
- Now to enter the details of marriage Officer
- Then complete the details required for marriage registration.
- Upload the documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- A certified copy of the marriage registration will be provided.
- If the Marriage registration certificate is not received by the applicant, then the applicant must visit the respective Registration office and apply in person.
To check the application status of your application form then you have to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the link given here
- On the webpage, enter the asked information.
- Click on search
- The details will be displayed on your screen.
Source : https://rgmwb.gov.in