Promotion of Farmer Producer Organisations (a) to (d) Yes Sir, Government of India through Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFA...
Promotion of Farmer Producer Organisations
In addition to above, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is also promoting FPOs in the States. Government of India has created Producers’ Organization Development and Upliftment Corpus (PRODUCE) Fund in NABARD during 2014-15, with a corpus of Rs. 200 crore to be utilized for the promotion of 2000 FPOs. Under this Fund, so far NABARD has promoted 2154 FPOs which have also women members.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is providing technical support to FPOs through Krishi Vigyan Kendras of the respective districts in the form of capacity development of its members of various aspects of agriculture and allied sectors including production technologies and value addition and processing.
State-wise fund released under DAY-NRLM to the State Rural Livelihoods Mission for support of the FPOs
|Release (Rs. In crore)|
The above statement was submitted by Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Department of Agriculture Change of undermentioned Lok Sabha Question:-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFARE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, COOPERATION & FARMERS WELFARE
STARRED QUESTION NO. 157
TO BE ANSWERED ON THE 2ND JULY, 2019
PROMOTION OF FARMER PRODUCER ORGANISATIONS
157. SHRI HEMANT TUKARAM GODSE
Will the Minister of AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFARE कृषि एंव किसान कल्यान मंत्री be pleased to state:
- (a) whether the Government has taken any steps to attract young farmers including women towards the formation and promotion of the Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) to carry out agribusiness in the country;
- (b) if so, the details thereof along with the monetary support provided to the States for the promotion of FPOs during the last three years and the current year, State-wise;
- (c) whether any assistance/support has been provided to FPOs by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) through Krishi Vigyan Kendras in various districts of the country; and
- (d) if so, the details thereof and the steps taken/proposed to be taken by the Government to strengthen agriculture-based livelihood through FPOs in the country?
MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFAREकृषि एंव किसान कल्यान मंत्री
(SHRI NARENDRA SINGH TOMAR)
STATEMENT REFERRED TO IN REPLY TO PARTS (a) TO (d) OF LOK SABHA STARRED QUESTION NO. 157 DUE FOR REPLY ON 2ND JULY, 2019.