11 Coaches of Train No. 12487 (Jogbani Anandvihar Terminal) Seemanchal Express derailed Hon’ble Minister of Railways & Coal announces ex gratia payment of Rs 5 Lakhs to deceased & Rs 1 Lakh to grievously injured & Rs 50000 to the minor injured Chairman,
- SPARME (Self propelled accident relief train and medical equipment) & Accident Relief Trains (ART) reached the site.
- Unaffected 12 coaches cleared from site along with passengers & is moved to Danapur where additional coaches will be attached and the special train will move for Anand Vihar Terminal.
- All the injured passengers have been moved to nearby Hospitals, District Hospitals and Railway Hospital.
- Adequate number of Doctors are available at site. Ambulances have been pressed into service.
- All medical expenses of the injured passengers will be borne by Railways.
- Adequate free catering arrangements have been made at site, Patna, Hajipur and at hospitals for passengers. Commercial officers with teams are deployed at Hajipur & Danapur to take care.
- Arrangements for refunds to the passengers who do not continue their journey have been ensured at different stations.
- Rescue operation is completed.