Hands over letters of award to successful Airlines 16 unserved airports, 17 underserved airports, 6 water aerodromes and 50 served airports for a total of 89 airports to be connected 235 routes comprising 189 RCS Routes and 46 Tourism Routes would be connected across 29 states in the country
- Inclusion of Tourism Routes under UDAN 3 in coordination with the Ministry of Tourism
- Inclusion of Seaplanes for connecting Water Aerodromes, and
- Bringing in a number of routes in the North-East Region under the ambit of UDAN
- Airports to be connected: Currently 16 unserved airports, 17 underserved airports, 6 water aerodromes and 50 served airports (for a total of 89 airports) would be connected based on the proposals identified for award.
- Geographical spread: There is a good geographical spread in the proposals: 235 routes comprising 189 RCS Routes and 46 Tourism Routes would be connected across 29 states in the country.
- Enhanced Connectivity: The proposals identified to be awarded would add another 69.30 lakh seats annually across the RCS Routes with more than 1 lakh annual seats through seaplanes and more than 15 lakh annual seats on tourism routes. This is in addition to the number of seats created under UDAN 1 (13 lakh) and UDAN 2 (29 lakh).