The government has launched many schemes to ensure that the situation of electricity supply in India improves and things are certainly getting better. Many of the remote villages have connected to the electricity now but many more are yet to be connected.
- The eligibility criteria for the scheme is
- The scheme is applicable only for the students who fall under BPL category.
- The scheme is applicable only to the students of the five states that are presently being covered in the scheme.
- The student will get a cheap and safe source of light which would help them in studying.
- This would also decrease the use of kerosene oil lamps which is certainly one of the most dangerous sources of light
- The lamps are provided at a very nominal price and hence affordability had been out of the question.
- Scheme Name – Right to Light Scheme
- Budget For scheme – NA
- Scheme Launched by –Mr. Piyush Goyal, Minister of New and Renewable Energy