The estimated number of TB patients in the country is 27.4 lakh as per Global TB report 2018.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2059
TO BE ANSWERED ON 21ST DECEMBER, 2018
ERADICATION OF TB
2059. SHRI BADRUDDIN AJMAL:
SHRI SANJAY HARIBHAU JADHAV
DR. SANJAY JAISWAL:
SHRI S.P. MUDDAHANUME GOWDA
SHRI B.V. NAIK:
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:
- (a) the estimated number of patients of Tuberculosis (TB) in the country, State/ UT-wise;
- (b) whether the Government has started Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme aiming to eliminate TB by 2025 and if so, the details thereof;
- (c) whether the health authorities in different States have scanned 2 lakh people across 120 districts in the first round and found nearly 10,000 new TB cases and if so, the details thereof, State/UT-wise;
- (d) the time by which the second and third round of scanning is going to take place and the districts identified for the purpose; and
- (e) the details of the schemes being run for welfare of TB patients under new National Strategic Plan (2017-2025) along with the funds earmarked for the purpose?
THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF
HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
(SHRI ASHWINI KUMAR CHOUBEY)
(a): The estimated number of TB patients in the country is 27.4 lakh as per Global TB report 2018.
(b): The Ministry has developed the National Strategic Plan (NSP) for Tuberculosis (2017-2025) with the goal of eliminating TB by 2025.
The key focus areas and initiatives are:
- Early diagnosis of all the TB patients, prompt treatment with quality assured drugs and treatment regimens along with suitable patient support systems to promote adherence.
- Engaging with the patients seeking care in the private sector and with private sector providers
- Prevention strategies including active case finding and contact tracing in high risk / vulnerable population
- Airborne infection control.
- Multi-sectoral response for addressing social determinants.
(c) & (d):
- Three rounds of Active Case finding were conducted during the year 2017. A total of 378 districts were involved in Active Case Finding. 5.5 crore people were screened for TB symptoms and 6.07 lakh presumptive TB cases (TB suspects) were identified & tested and additionally 26,256 TB patients were diagnosed and put on treatment. (State/ UT wise details are at Annexure I)
- (e): The details of initiatives being implemented for the welfare of TB patients under the National Strategic Plan (2017-25), which is a part of the Revised National TB Control Programme (RNTCP) scheme are indicated at point no (b) above.
The funds earmarked for Revised National TB Control Programme (RNTCP) are as under: -
- 2017-18 Rs. 2791.00 crores
- 2018-19 Rs. 2,840.00 crores.
State/ UT wise Active Case finding (2017)
|S t a t e||Number
S pu t u m testing
|Andman and Nicobar Islands||24384||343||26|
|Daman and Diu||46136||252||5|
|Jammu and Kashmir||92238||3769||110|