Government is implementing National Creche Scheme in Uttar Pradesh GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT LOK SABHA UN...
NATIONAL CRECHE SCHEME
SHRI VIJAY KUMAR DUBEY
Will the Minister of WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT be pleased to State:
(a) whether the Government is implementing National Creche Scheme in Uttar Pradesh, if so, the details thereof;
(b) the number of creches/day care centres being run by the Government in Uttar Pradesh along with the number of beneficiaries registered thereunder during the last three years;
(c) the amount of funds released and utilized by the implementing agencies during the last three years and current year in Uttar Pradesh; and
(d) the other steps taken by the Government to promote gender equality and to increase the participation of women in the economy?
(SHRIMATI SMRITI ZUBIN IRANI)
- Day care facilities including sleeping facilities.
- Early stimulation for children below 3 years and pre-school education for 3 to 6 years old children
- Supplementary nutrition (to be locally sourced)
- Growth monitoring
- Health check-up and immunization
As per the guidelines of this scheme, the concerned States/ UTs undertake survey based analysis of the requirement of crèche services at the district level along with mapping of existing crèches so as to assess the demand of crèches in State/ UTs.
During the period from FY 2017-18 till date a sum of Rupees: 4,10,13,960.00 (four crore ten lakh thirteen thousand nine hundred sixty only) for 1724 chreches have been released to Uttar Pradesh under the scheme.
(d) : Government gives utmost priority to ensuring gender equality in all spheres of life and has taken several steps to ensure that women do not face any gender based disadvantage. Some of the steps taken by the Government in this direction as well as for increasing the participation of women in the economy include the following:
- Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme: The scheme aims to facilitate inter-sectoral convergence of schemes and programs meant for empowerment of women both at the central and State/UT level.
- Swadhar Greh Scheme: The Scheme caters to women victims of unfortunate circumstances in need of institutional support for rehabilitation, so that they can lead their life with dignity.
- Ujjawala Scheme: It is a comprehensive scheme for prevention of trafficking of women and children for commercial sexual exploitation, as well as for facilitating rescue, rehabilitation and re-integration of victims in to their families and society as needed.
- Working Women's Hostel Scheme: This scheme promotes availability of safe and conveniently located accommodation for working women, with day care facility for their children, wherever possible, in urban, semi-urban, and even rural areas, where employment opportunities for women exist.
- Anganwadi Services: The Scheme envisages setting up of Anganwadi centers across the country for children and caters to the pre-school education, nutrition of children and lactating mothers.
- POSHAN Abhiyan: The scheme aims to reduce mal-nutrition/ under nutrition, among young children and women from the country in a phased manner.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) Scheme: The Scheme provides cash incentives amounting to Rs.5000 in 3 installments to pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP): Objective of the scheme is to celebrate the girl child by preventing gender biased sex selective elimination, ensuring survival protection, education, and participation.
- Home for Widows : A Home for Widows has been set up in Vrindavan, UP to provide widows a safe and secure place to stay and live their lives with dignity.