Government has implemented ‘Nagar Vana-Udyan’ scheme

Government  has  implemented  ‘Nagar  Vana-Udyan’  scheme 

GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE

LOK SABHA 

UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 845
TO BE ANSWERED ON 05.02.2021

Nagar Vana-Udyan Scheme

845. SHRI RAMALINGAM S.
        SHRI BALASHOWRY VALLABHANENI
        SHRI GAUTAM GAMBHIR

Will the Minister of ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE be pleased to state:

(a) whether  the  Government  has  implemented  ‘Nagar  Vana-Udyan’  scheme  to develop 200 Urban Forests across the country;

(b) if so, the details thereof along with the aims and objectives of the scheme;

(c) the details of municipalities and corporations identified under the said scheme, State/UT-wise including Andhra Pradesh;

(d) the  total  funds/budget  allocated  along  with  the  budgetary  provisions  for  the implementation of the scheme; and

    [post_ads]

    (e) whether any city in the National Capital Region has been identified under the scheme and if so, the details thereof?

    ANSWER
    MINISTER  OF  STATE  IN  THE  MINISTRY  OF  ENVIRONMENT, 
    FOREST  AND CLIMATE CHANGE

    (SHRI BABUL SUPRIYO)

    Nagar Vana-Udyan Scheme
    (a) & (b) Yes Sir, the Nagar Van-Udyan Yojana was approved by the National CAMPA Advisory Council (NCAC) from the Compensatory Afforestation Fund managed by the Ad-hoc CAMPA during 2015 for implementation as pilot scheme. The scheme aimed to create/ develop City Forests in Municipal Corporation/ Class I Cities for providing wholesome healthy living environment to the city dwellers. The forest area of 20 ha to 100 ha within the city limits were covered and financial assistance at the rate of Rs.2 lakhs per ha upto 100 ha were provided. 80% of the fund was provided by NCAC and the remaining 20% by the State Government. The main objectives of the scheme were to create 200 city forests in cities with Municipal Corporation/Council, create awareness on plants and biodiversity along with education on important flora and fauna of the region including threat perception.

    (c) & (d) The State-wise Details of Projects approved under Nagar Van Udyan Yojana, including Andhra Pradesh, along with fund released is enclosed at Annexure.

    (e) No city in National Capital region was identified for implementation under the Nagar Van Udyan Yojna.

    Annexure

    Annexure referred to in reply to part (c) and (d) of the Lok Sabha Un-starred Question No. 845 due for reply on 05.02.2021 by Shri Ramalingam S., Shri Balashowry Vallabhaneni, and Shri Gautam Gambhir regarding ‘Nagar Vana-Udyan Scheme.

      [post_ads_2]

      State-wise details of Nagar Van Udyan Projects approved and funds released during 2015-to 2018 under the Scheme:

      S.No.

      Name of State

      Nagar Van Udyan Project

      Total Amount Released (Rs in lakhs)

      No. of Projects

      Details of Municipal Corporation / Council

      1

      Andaman & Nicobar

      1

      RF Aberdeen Village, Port Blair

      33.84

      2

      Andhra Pradesh

      5

      Nellore Viajayawada Kurnool Rajahmundry Tirupati

      400.00

      3

      Assam

      1

      Guwahati

      43.20

      4

      Chandigarh

      1

      Chandigarh

      160.00

      5

      Chhattisgarh

      5

      Bilaspur Korba Sarguja Koriya Balod

      572.80

      6

      Himachal Pradesh

      1

      Shimla

      160.00

      7

      Karnataka

      5

      Chikmagalur, Mangaluru Kundapara, Mangaluru Belagavi

      Ballari Mysuru

      755.61

      8

      Maharashtra

      5

      Pachgon parvati, Pune Warje, Pune

      Wadgon, Pune Abazari, Nagpur Chandrapur

      556.40

      9

      Manipur

      1

      Imphal

      160.00

      10

      Mizoram

      1

      Zophei, Himen Local Council

      160.00

      11

      Sikkim

      1

      Gangtok

      44.80

      12

      Telangana

      5

      Nizamabad Shamshabad Khammam Warangal& Jangaon Podapally

      566.40

      13

      Tripura

      1

      Hatiparal (Agartala)

      144.00

      14

      Rajasthan

      4

      Muhana, Jaipur Mahua Bir, Ajmer Bhadana, Kota Chirwa Ghata

      404.80

      15

      Punjab

      4

      Hoshiarpur SAS Nagar Ludhiana Amritsar

      242.20

      16

      Madhya Pradesh

      5

      Laharpur (Bhopal), Devguradiya (Indore), Thakurtal (Jabalpur) Patheriya (Sagar)

      Jinsi Pehari (Gwalior)

      720.00

      Total

      46

      5124.05

      नोट :- हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com पर ऐसी जानकारी रोजाना आती रहती है, तो आप ऐसी ही सरकारी योजनाओं की जानकारी पाने के लिए हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com से जुड़े रहे। 
      *****

      Comments