Haj 2021 guidelines : National-international Protocol Guidelines due to Pandemic Position will be implemented and followed strictly during t...
Haj 2021 guidelines : National-international Protocol Guidelines due to Pandemic Position will be implemented and followed strictly during the Haj 2021
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announces Haj 2021 guidelines
National-international Protocol Guidelines due to Pandemic Position will be implemented and followed strictly during the Haj 2021: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Online application process for Haj 2021 starts from today
The last date of applying for Haj 2021 is 10th December, 2020
The application filled for Haj 2020 by women under without “Mehram” (male companion) category is valid for Haj 2021 also
The 10 embarkation points for Haj 2021 are- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Cochin, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Srinagar
Online application process for Haj 2021 starts today with Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announcing Haj 2021 with significant changes keeping in view the Corona pandemic.
While announcing Haj 2021 at Haj House, Mumbai today, Shri Naqvi said that national-international Protocol Guidelines due to Pandemic Position will be implemented and followed strictly during the Haj 2021. The last date of applying for Haj 2021 is 10th December, 2020. The people can apply online, offline and through Haj Mobile App.
Shri Naqvi said that Haj 2021 is scheduled for June-July 2021, and the entire Haj process is being held according to the necessary guidelines issued by the Saudi Arabia Government and the Government of India in view of Corona Pandemic to ensure health and well-being of the people in India and Saudi Arabia. The Haj 2021 process has been chalked out after deliberations among Ministry of Minority Affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Haj Committee of India, Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia and India’s Consul General in Jeddah and other agencies keeping in view all aspects of the pandemic challenges.
Shri Naqvi said that the arrangements for Haj 2021 have been made under special circumstances with special norms, rules and regulations, eligibility criteria, age restrictions, health and fitness requirements and other relevant conditions of the Saudi Arabia Government amid the Corona pandemic.
Shri Naqvi said that the entire Haj travel process has been done with significant changes in view of the pandemic. These include accommodation, period of stay of pilgrims, transportation, health and other facilities both in India and Saudi Arabia.
Shri Naqvi said that all the necessary guidelines for Haj 2021 amid Pandemic position from the Saudi Arabia Government will be implemented strictly. There may be changes in age criteria for performing Haj due to the Corona pandemic. Each pilgrim will have to undergo Corona test 72 hours before Haj journey as per prevailing international air travel protocol. Each pilgrim will have to submit a PCR test certificate issued by approved laboratory with a negative result before journey to Saudi Arabia.
Shri Naqvi said that keeping in view the Pandemic position and feedback received from Air India and other agencies, embarkation points for Haj 2021 have been reduced to 10. Earlier, there were 21 Haj embarkation points across the country. For Haj 2021, the 10 embarkation points are- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Cochin, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Srinagar.
Ahmedabad embarkation point will cover entire Gujarat; Bengaluru will cover entire Karnataka; Cochin (Kerala, Lakshadweep, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Andaman & Nicobar); Delhi (Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh; Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, western districts of Uttar Pradesh); Guwahati (Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland); Kolkata (West Bengal, Odisha, Tripura, Jharkhand, Bihar); Lucknow (all parts of Uttar Pradesh except western parts); Mumbai (Maharashtra, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli) and Srinagar embarkation point will cover Jammu-Kashmir, Leh-Ladakh-Kargil.
The application filled for Haj 2020 by women under without “Mehram” (male companion) category is valid for Haj 2021 also. Besides new forms are also being accepted from the women, who wants to perform Haj 2021 without “Mehram”. All the women under “without Mehram” category will be exempted from the lottery system.
Royal Vice Consul General of Saudi Arabia in Mumbai, Mohammad Abdul Karim Al-Enazi; senior officials of Union Ministry of Minority Affairs; Haj Committee of India CEO Shri M. A. Khan and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
HAJ COMMITTEE OF INDIA
(Statutory Body Constituted under the Act of Parliament No.35 of 2002)
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Provisional Guidelines for Haj 1442 (H) - 2021 (C.E.) (will be subject to final guidelines/norms as decided by KSA in due course)
- Haj is obligated on Muslims having physical and financial ability to perform Haj. Haj pilgrimage is physically taxing as it involves arduous journey from one place to another on feet and by various other modes of transport. Haj is performed in a foreign land i.e. in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia(KSA). As per General Saudi Guidelines on eligibility to perform Haj or Umrah, a Haj Pilgrim should be fit in various aspects; financial, physical, behavioral and mental.
- Haj Committee of India(HCoI) is empowered to make arrangements for the pilgrims in India under the present norms. HCoI issues these Guidelines and invites applications for Haj 1442 (H) – 2021 (CE.) on provisional basis and subject to final guidelines/norms of KSA, from Intending Pilgrims in prescribed proforma online through website of HCoI www.hajcommittee.gov.in. The Provisional Guidelines for Haj 1442 (H) – 2021 (C.E.) can be downloaded from the website of HCoI hajcommittee.gov.in. The provisional Haj Application Form (HAF) can be filled and submitted online at hajcommittee.gov.in. or through Android Mobile App “HAJ COMMITTEE OF INDIA” available on Google Play store.
- The arrangements for Haj 1442 (H) – 2021 (C.E.) will be made under special circumstances with Special Norms, Rules & Regulations, Eligibility Criteria, Age Restrictions, Health and Fitness requirements and other relevant conditions as Kingdom of Saudi Arabia may finally decide and find appropriate amid Coronavirus Pandemic. Hence, the entire process on inviting applications from Indian Pilgrims for Haj 2021 is PROVISIONAL and subject to final guidelines of KSA.
- It may also be noted that KSA may even cancel the Haj – 1442 (H) – 2021 (CE.) entirely or partially for International Pilgrims depending upon the prevailing conditions of Coronavirus Pandemic at the time of Haj. HCoI will, therefore, not be liable, for any modification, correction or even cancellation of entire Haj process by KSA. Further, HCoI does not bear any liability/responsibility or financial obligation for any such modification, correction, change or cancellation announced by KSA in due course.
- In the prevailing condition, KSA may allow Haj aspirants having sound health without co- morbidities like Heart condition, Diabetics, Respiratory disorders, Pregnancies and other serious illness for Haj 2021 during Coronavirus Pandemic. The possibilities of further restrictions for Haj–1442 (H) – 2021 (CE.) due to strict health protocols and social distancing norms to be issued by KSA due to Coronavirus Pandemic are also there. Consequently, the expenditure on Haj 2021 is also expected to be relatively higher than during normal period. Therefore, Pilgrims, who are financially sound enough to bear this extra expense should only apply, if they fulfill all other Eligibility Criteria for Haj 2021.
- Haj Pilgrims are considered unofficial representative of the country, as such, they should illustrate composure and decent behavior in all stages of the pious Haj journey.
1. HAJ ANNOUNCEMENT:
The start of Haj Process is made by an announcement by the Hon‟ble Minister of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Subsequently, HCoI publishes the Haj Announcement in all leading newspapers to inform the intending pilgrims about the dates of availability and the last date of filling HAF, validity dates of Passport etc. Intending Haj Applicants are advised to adhere to the time-line announced for Haj 2021.
2. MANAGEMENT OF HAJ :
Multiple agencies are involved in the management of Haj by Indian Pilgrims. Haj Committee of India under Ministry of Minority Affairs is the nodal agency for making Haj arrangements in India under present norms. State/UT Haj committees assist Haj Committee of India in this regard. All arrangements in KSA are done by Consul General of India (Jeddah) under Ministry of External Affairs. Chartering of Aircrafts for to and fro Air travel is done under overall supervision of Ministry of Civil Aviation. Ministry of Health & Family Affairs provides Vaccines, and assistance in all health and medical related issues.
3. GENERAL INFORMATION :
The following documents are mandatorily required for Haj 2021 by Indian pilgrims. Pilgrims are advised to keep these documents ready before the Application process starts.
i. Passport: Passport of specified date is most important document mandatorily required for making Haj Application. All intending pilgrims should possess machine readable valid Indian International Passport issued before the application dates so as to avoid last minute rush. Ministry of External Affairs instructs all Regional Passport Offices to expedite issue of passport to intending Haj pilgrims after Haj Announcement is made.
ii. Bank Account: Bank account of Cover Head is essentially required for making Haj Application. However, all the pilgrims are advised to open/ update their Bank Account so that the refund can be credited to their Bank Accounts directly if they so desire.
iii. Mobile Number: All instructions/information is issued through SMS/Voice messages on the registered mobile number to the concerned pilgrims from time to time. As such, it is advised that all pilgrims should mention their own mobile number in Haj Application and to keep it in functional status so as to enable the authorities to contact them whenever required.
iv. Aadhaar Card : Though Aadhaar Card is not mandatory for making Haj Application, it is advised that each pilgrim should obtain Aadhaar Card and mention the requisite details at the specified column in HAF as it may be required for RT-PCR test.
4. HAJ APPLICATION PROCESS:
KSA has not yet announced Guidelines for HAJ 1442 (H) - 2021 (C.E.). It is expected that many changes may be made by KSA for Haj 2021 in the Norms / Guidelines for performing Haj 2021, like Eligibility, Health, Age, Social distancing norms etc. The restrictions for Haj 2021 due to health protocols and age limit, for Haj pilgrims decided by the KSA will be finally applicable and Hajis will be selected accordingly. At present, it is tentatively expected that the Ministry of Haj & Umrah, KSA may impose restriction of age limits 18 - 65 years for the Haj pilgrims for Haj 2021. Therefore, it has been decided that the applicants below 18 years and above 65 years of age should not apply for HAJ 1442 (H) - 2021 (C.E.) at this stage.
Ladies without Mehram (LWM) are exempted from payment of Processing Fee of Rs.300/- per applicant. However, Ladies without Mehram (LWM), who applied for Haj- 2020 will be required to apply afresh in view of change in Cover size and applicants. The tentative age limit of above 45 years and upto 65 years will also be applicable in case of Ladies without Mehram (LWM) pilgrims as of now.
Accordingly, the tentative Eligibility for Haj 2021 but subject to final guidelines by KSA would be as under :- ............................ Click here read more.
Source : PIB
नोट :- हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com पर ऐसी जानकारी रोजाना आती रहती है, तो आप ऐसी ही सरकारी योजनाओं की जानकारी पाने के लिए हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com से जुड़े रहे।