Covid 19 : Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY CIRC...
Covid 19 : Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
CIR No.: PFRDA/ 2020/ 24/ SUP-POP/ 3
June 16, 2020
All Point of Presence (PoPs) under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) / NSDL-CRA
Subject : Processing of death claims requests under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) in view of Covid 19 pandemic - reg.
Considering the difficulties faced by Point of Presence under Atal Pension Yojana (hereinafter referred as 'PoP-APY') in processing of death claim requests due to Covid 19 pandemic, it has been decided to ease the processing of death claim requests.
2. In this respect, it is advised as under:
- (i). PoP-APY shall duly verify and attest the documents of death claim requests and submit the scanned copies of all requisite documents through their registered e-mail ID to NSDL-CRA.
- (ii). PoP-APY shall also submit, through their registered email ID, a declaration stating 'All requisite physical documents shall be submitted to CRA by July 31, 2020.'
- (iii) . NSDL-CRA shall accept these scanned documents alongwith declaration as above, submitted by PoP-APY, for processing the same as per the applicable guidelines.
- (iv). The above process is adopted on an exception basis till June 30, 2020.
3. This circular is issued under Section 14 of PFRDA Act, 2013 and is available in ' Circulars' section of Regulatory Framework at PFRDA's website.
(Sumeet Kaur Kapoor)
Chief General Manager