Target of 70 Lakh Houses for which the requirement of fund is Rs.57,330 Crore. To meet the gap in the requirement of funds, there is a pr...
Target of 70 Lakh Houses for which the requirement of fund is Rs.57,330 Crore. To meet the gap in the requirement of funds, there is a provision of availing Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) in the form of loan from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana : Gramin FY 2020-2021
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 1909
ANSWERED ON 06.03.2020
DR. AMAR PATNAIK
Will the Minister of RURAL DEVELOPMENT be pleased to state:
(a) the reasons for the stagnation in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY-G) (programme component) allocation as per the 2020-21 budget and the details thereof;
(b) the reasons for expenditure of this component being significantly higher, as per 2018-19 actual expenditure and details thereof; and
(c) the details of how Government aims to achieve its target of 70 lakh "pucca" houses (with toilets) under the scheme and State-wise distribution for the same?
MINISTER OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
(SHRI NARENDRA SINGH TOMAR)
(a) The Budget Estimates under PMAY-G for FY 2020-21 is Rs.19,500 crore against the Budget Estimate of Rs.19,000 crore for the year 2019-20. Target for the year 2020-21 is 70.00 lakh houses for which the requirement of fund is Rs.57,330 Crore. To meet the gap in the requirement of funds, there is a provision of availing Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) in the form of loan from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). The EBR amount is Rs. 37,830 crore for the year 2020-21.
(b) The allocation of funds for a particular year depends upon the target allocated for that year. The target for 2019-20 is 60.00 Lakhs houses which is significantly higher than that of the target of 25 lakhs houses in 2018-19 under PMAY-G.The expenditure incurred on this component during the year 2018-19 is Rs.29,986.91 crore and during the year 2019-20 (upto 3rd March, 2020) is Rs.26,011.57 crore.
(c) The timeline for State / UT wise tentative indication of target of 70 lakh houses for the year 2020-21 is March, 2020. To achieve the target of States/ UTs under PMAY-G, the Government has taken several initiatives and innovative steps which include:
- Implementation and monitoring of the scheme through end to end e-Governance model using MIS-AwaasSoft.
- Evidence based monitoring of construction of house through uploading of geo-tagged photographs at each pre-determined stage of house construction.
- Single bank account (State Nodal Account) of PMAY-G at the State/UT level from where the assistance is transferred directly to beneficiary account through DBT.
- Increasing availability of trained rural mason by encouraging Rural Mason Training.
- In many States/ UTs, house sanctioned under PMAY-G are assigned to a field functionary for better monitoring, hand-holding leading to timely completion of houses.
- Giving awards to the best performing States/UTs, Districts.
- Performance Index Dashboard, has been developed to monitor different aspects of implementation of the programme, both geographically and parameter-wise, wherein States / UTs are ranked based on performance on daily basis, thereby creating healthy competition and motivation.
- Increasing choices available to beneficiaries by providing a menu of house design typologies based on climate, topography, cultural and traditional housing practices and vulnerability to disaster.
नोट :- हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com पर ऐसी जानकारी रोजाना आती रहती है, तो आप ऐसी ही सरकारी योजनाओं की जानकारी पाने के लिए हमारे वेबसाइट www.indiangovtscheme.com से जुड़े रहे