Details of the Ayush Schemes Under Implementation in the Country. देश में आयुष योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन का विवरण। लोगो के स्वास्थ्य...
Details of the Ayush Schemes Under Implementation in the Country. देश में आयुष योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन का विवरण।
(a) Government of India is implementing Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission (NAM) for promotion and development of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) in the country including Karnataka. A brief about the Scheme is furnished at Annexure.
Further, Ministry of AYUSH is also implementing the following Central Sector Schemes since 12th Plan:
- Central Sector Scheme for promotion of information, education, and communication (IEC) in AYUSH:- Under Central Sector Scheme for Promotion of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) in AYUSH, the Ministry takes up initiatives for propagation, promotion and awareness of AYUSH systems of medicine by organizing Arogya Fairs, Yoga Fests, Ayurveda Parvs, Conferences, Exhibitions, Seminars, Workshops, Symposium, and celebration of important days viz. International Day of Yoga, Ayurveda Day, Unani Day, Siddha Day, Naturopathy Day and Homoeopathy Day and also undertaking publicity activities through electronic media, print media and social media amongst the citizens all over the country including Karnataka.
- Central Sector Scheme of Centres of Excellence (CoE):- This Scheme aims to support reputed AYUSH knowledge institutions in Non-Governmental/Private Sector engaged in the activities of Clinical research, Nursing hospitals and homes, Fundamental research based on the Fundamentals of AYUSH, Inter-disciplinary research in pharmacy or product development, bridging AYUSH and modern science, AYUSH Informatics etc., to upgrade their functions and facilities to levels of excellence including Karnataka.
- Central Sector Scheme for Promotion of AYUSH interventions in Public Health Initiatives (PHI):- The main aim of the scheme is of the roll out of only proven AYUSH interventions for improving health Status of the population through AYUSH interventions.
- Central Sector Scheme of Continuing Medical Education (CME):- The main purpose of this Scheme is to encourage AYUSH personnel to undergo need-based professional training and bridge the knowledge gaps.
- Central Sector Scheme of Extra Mural Research (EMR):- Extra Mural Research (EMR) is designed to encourage Research & Development in priority areas based on disease burden in alignment to National Health Programme. It also aims to utilize the vast research infrastructure available within the country for standardization and validation of classical drugs. It provides grant-in-aid to Medical, Scientific and Research & Development Institutions, University / Institutional department of Government and Private sector including Karnataka.
(c) & (d) There are provisions for 3rd Party Evaluation for Centre Sector Schemes and Centrally Sponsored Schemes implemented by Ministry of AYUSH. In addition, periodic review meetings are taken by Ministry of AYUSH to monitor the progress made by the States/ UTs. However, Health being a State subject, the implementation of Schemes comes under purview of respective State/UT Governments.
Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission:
The National AYUSH Mission (NAM) inter-alia makes provision for the following:-
- (i) Co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and District Hospitals (DHs).
- (ii) Up gradation of exclusive State Government AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries.
- (iii) Setting up of up to 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospital.
- (iv) Upgradation of State Government Educational Institutions.
- (v) Setting up of new State Government AYUSH Educational Institutions including Yoga and Naturopathy in the State where it is not available.
- (vi) Strengthening of State Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy (ASU&H) Pharmacies and Drug Testing Laboratories (DTL).
- (vii) Cultivation and Promotion of Medicinal Plants.
- (viii) Under the flexible components of the scheme of NAM, provision has been made for following activities:
- AYUSH Wellness Centres including Yoga & Naturopathy
- Sports Medicine through AYUSH
- Innovations in AYUSH including Public Private Partnership
- Reimbursement of Testing charges
- IEC activities
- Research & Development in areas related to Medicinal Plants
- Voluntary certification scheme: Project based.
- Market Promotion, Market intelligence & buy back interventions
- Crop Insurance for Medicinal Plants.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF AYURVEDA, YOGA & NATUROPATHY, UNANI, SIDDHA AND HOMOEOPATHY(AYUSH)
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 5697
TO BE ANSWERED ON 26TH JULY, 2019
Will the Minister of AYURVEDA, YOGA AND NATUROPATHY, UNANI, SIDDHA AND HOMOEOPATHY (AYUSH) be pleased to state:
- (a) the details of the Ayush schemes under implementation in the country particularly in Karnataka;
- (b) whether the Government has made adequate publicity for these schemes for information of general public, if so, the details thereof;
- (c) the details of monitoring mechanism available with the Government to ensure proper implementation of these schemes; and
- (d) the manner at which the Karnataka has fared in the implementation of these schemes?
THE MINISTER OF STATE (IC) OF THE MINISTRY OF AYURVEDA, YOGA & NATUROPATHY, UNANI, SIDDHA AND HOMOEOPATHY
(SHRI SHRIPAD YESSO NAIK)