Press Information Bureau Government of India Ministry of Defence 25-May-2019 19:01 IST Passing Out Parade - Spring Term 2019 He...
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
25-May-2019 19:01 IST
Passing Out Parade - Spring Term 2019 Held at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
3. The parade was reviewed by General Bipin Rawat, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM, ADC, Chief of the Army Staff, who awarded medals to eight meritorious Midshipmen and cadets after the ceremonial review. Vice Admiral RB Pandit, AVSM, Commandant, INA, Dr Anurag Kumar, Director, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, senior officers of the station and other outstation dignitaries witnessed the momentous occasion.
4. The Passing out Parade was also witnessed by the proud parents and guardians of all Midshipmen and cadets. The ‘President’s Gold Medal’ for the Indian Naval Academy B.Tech course was awarded to Midshipman Killamsetty Vikash. The ‘Chief of the Naval Staff Gold Medal’ for the Naval Orientation Course (Extended) was awarded to Cadet Siddharth Sankar. The ‘Chief of the Naval Staff Gold Medal’ for the Naval Orientation (Regular) Course and the ‘Zamorin Trophy’ for the best women cadet (instituted for the first time) was awarded to Cadet Kreeshma R. The other medal winners are as follows:-
- (a) CNS Silver medal for INAC B.Tech Course (Second in merit) - Midshipman Samartha Ravindra Limaye.
- (b) FOC-in-C South Silver Medal for NOC (Extended) (Second in Merit) - Cadet Gourav Sangwan.
- (c) FOC-in-C South Bronze Medal for INAC B.Tech Course (Third in Merit) - Midshipman Kripa Sindhu Patel.
- (d) Commandant INA Silver Medal for NOC (Regular) (Second in Merit) - Cadet Yugal Gautam.
- (e) Commandant INA Bronze Medal for NOC (Extended) (Third in Merit) - Cadet Shreyash S Hanchinal.
6. On completion of the parade, the proud parents and guardians of the Passing Out courses shipped the Naval and Coast Guard epaulettes, known as ‘Stripes’, on the shoulders of their wards, thus symbolising their transformation from ‘cadets’ into full-fledged Navy and Coast Guard Officers. The Reviewing Officer and other dignitaries shipped the stripes of the medal winners and congratulated all the trainees for their successful completion of the rigorous training. On completion of the training at the Indian Naval Academy, these officers will proceed to various Naval and Coast Guard ships and establishments to further consolidate their training in specialised fields.