There is no agreement has been signed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare with other countries for cooperation in treatment of diseases.
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
28-December-2018 16:20 IST
MoUs in Health Sector
There is no agreement has been signed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare with other countries for cooperation in treatment of diseases. However, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has signed bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) / Agreements with fifty-five (55) other countries, for cooperation covering various areas in the field of health and medicine, including communicable and non-communicable diseases. A list of countries with whomMoUs / Agreements have been signed is given below:
- with whom Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has signed
- Agreements / Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) /
- Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) / Statement of Intent (SoI)
|Sl.No||Name of country||Date of signing|
|39.||Papua New Guinea||29-04-2016|
The bilateral MoUs/Agreements do not contain any provision on extending financial aid or providing of medical aid.
- The objective of the MoUs / Agreements is to establish comprehensive inter-ministerial and inter-institutional cooperation in the field of health and medicine with the aims and objectives of upgrading the quality and reach of human, material and infrastructural resources involved in healthcare, training and research on the basis of equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit. The collaborations encourage joint initiatives and technology development in the health sector.
- To further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implemention of the MoUs / Agreements, joint meetings are held at appropriate times as mutually decided upon. It provides opportunities for sharing and emulating best practices and learning from each other, to address public health challenges.
- The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Sh Ashwini Kumar Choubey stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.